We help businesses WIN with strategic digital marketing in Newcastle and other corners of Earth.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
We reckon strategic marketing is about more than just “doing Facebook ads” or “building a website”. Our approach to digital strategy is to start with uncovering the things about your business that make it unique. We then help you adapt to exploit existing opportunities and take advantage of new ones in your marketplace.WORK WITH US
Let’s Face it…
Nobody needs a dusty 99-page strategic plan that never gets executed.
$3 Million Increase in Yearly RevenueHOME SERVICES COMPANY
Home Services Company
Sometimes, the only thing our clients care about is revenue growth. With this home services provider, that what definitely the case. We started working with this client in 2015 after they’d been through a rocky few years. Their website was looking tired and couldn’t be found anywhere. Their traditional marketing channels weren’t cost-effective anymore and we were brought in to turn that all around.
Channels and tactics
- Aggressive Google Adwords pay per click search advertising campaigns with strong focus on optimising for a lower cost-per-lead.
- Ongoing localised Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and content strategy
- Careful attention to the clients’ mobile website experience and conversion rates
- Commitment to encouraging customers to leave great reviews on Google and Facebook
- Marketing automation processes setup to re-engage customers who have bought in the past
- Above the line advertising spend shifted from traditional media to Facebook and Instagram
- Adaptive approach to budgeting and tactics based on seasonality and market factors
Fast-forward to 2018 and we’ve played a key part in growing this small business’ annual revenue by over $3 million per year and still trending UPwards.close [x]
An International DisruptorCAMPLIFY
In early 2015, our director Dave also co-founded a little Newcastle-based startup that had big dreams of becoming the “Airbnb for caravans”. A bold new plan, Camplify had this big vision of activating people’s under-utilised RVs to more people experience the joys of camping. Starting life as a twinkle in CEO Justin Hales’ eye, Camplify was just another “peer-to-peer marketplace idea” at the time. With no funding, no customers and no idea of what the future would hold, all we really knew was that there were a tonne of RVs that were sitting on people’s lawns not being used. That was enough for us to take a leap of faith and become part of Camplify’s digital marketing team.
Channels and tactics
- An international SEO strategy built for scale
- Google advertising automation and profit optimisation based on utilisation modelling
- Hyper-targeted social media advertising
- Marketing automation management
- Tests of every growth hack under the sun
- Much, much more
Camplify is currently valued in excess of $30m and boasts the largest RV rental fleet in Australia and the UK. A sensational story of growth, this star Newcastle tech company now sends thousands of people on holidays every month and holds a dominant share of the RV sharing market and has just expanded into Spain and New Zealand. Our role in the journey? Well, much of Camplify’s user growth has come from the digital marketing activities we’ve helped ideate and execute. Camplify is no doubt one of the jewels in our crown and we’ve loved every second of our involvement with this awesome Aussie startup!
Here are a few nice things Camplify’s CEO said about us:
“Redback continually surprise me with their professionalism, expert knowledge and ability to smash the KPI’s I set them out of the water.”close [x]
Over $1m in New Product SalesELECBRAKES
Elecbrakes is Australia’s first Bluetooth electric trailer brake controller. This innovative device was invented on the NSW Central Coast / Newcastle by an innovative team of engineers and trailer manufacturing experts. With the Elecbrakes system, a controller is fitted to the trailer and wired into the existing electrical circuits. A remote control or smartphone with the Elecbrakes app is then used to monitor, change settings and control the trailer’s brakes.
Channels and tactics
- Google search ads
- Facebook ads and groups marketing
- Instagram lead-gen ad campaigns
- On-site SEO
- Traditional database marketing
- New website
In under 2 years since launch, we were able to help Elecbrakes achieve over $1,000,000 in sales for this new product. The launch of their new website and remote control saw their monthly sales increase by 160% in the first month and they now enjoy a dominant search market share in the electric brake controller category Australia-wide. Their month-on-month growth is still trending UPwards aggressively and we’re very excited to see how Elecbrakes will continue to disrupt the traditional brake controller industry – both here in Australia and abroad!close [x]
413,526 Mobile Website ConversionsOUR CLIENTS LAST YEAR
Our Clients on Mobile Last Year
Do you remember the first time you laid eyes on an iPhone back in 2007? One of your initial thoughts may have been “Wow, I can’t ever see consumers accessing my website on this little thing!”… Don’t worry, we thought the same thing! Oh, how wrong we all were… According to leading web intelligence site SimilarWeb, mobile now accounts for over 65% of all website traffic and this figure is only growing by the day.
Last year, we saw our clients’ results from mobile skyrocket – with some sites seeing in excess of 80% of their total leads coming from smartphones. Crazy, huh?
Big numbers on small screens
Here’s just a few of the ways we can keep your mobile users in mind:
- Mobile-first website experiences (it’s no longer enough to just have a “mobile-friendly” site. To maximise ROI, your site should be designed with all screen sizes in mind)
- Close attention to conversion rates and cost per conversion across all devices
- Consideration of mobile-specific search, display, video and social ad formats
- Including “near me” keywords in search ads
- Relevant structured markup optimised for voice search
- Messenger bots, live chat and other mobile lead magnets
- Mobile commerce solutions eg. Selling through Facebook Messenger
- Progressive web apps and smartphone notifications strategies
- Content load speed improvements via new technologies like Google AMP and Facebook Instant Articles
- Cross-device analytics and conversion attribution
- Emails that look nice and pretty on mobile
- And the list keeps growing…
Mobile is here and we’re here to help you tackle it.close [x]
Jets' Official Digital Marketing PartnerNewcastle Jets FC
After a stellar 2017/18 season, we’re pumped to have been appointed as official digital marketing partner for the Jets’ 2018/19 A-League campaign. We’ve got some crazy football nuts in our office who are very keen to help achieve the following for the Jets this year:
- Drive ticket sales and maximise membership numbers from digital channels
- Re-configuring and managing the clubs’ digital analytics, tracking systems and marketing audiences to help the Jets make sense of their data
- Increase awareness engagement on social and messaging apps
- Improve the user experience and engagement rates of the clubs’ web properties within the confines of FFA site templates
- Get the ball rolling on the clubs’ long term digital strategy
Check out the Jets’ internally produced season launch video “Made of Newcastle” right here!close [x]
Hyper-targeted AcquisitionSHOPPING CENTRE
We’ve been working with one of Australia’s largest shopping centres over the past few years – specifically on helping them build a stronger database. With so much going on for this client on the marketing front, our sole job has been to take some heat off the internal marketing team and just focus on driving their paid social channels.
Through a series of targeted social advertising campaigns on Facebook and Instagram, we’ve been able to help this client grow their database significantly – at a much lower cost-per-acquisition than their previous provider could achieve.
Not only are we building their database cost-effectively, we’ve also been able to provide this client with some fascinating insights on their target audience personas using Facebook’s powerful analytics tools.close [x]
43¢ Cost Per ConversionBRISBANE AIRPORT
The friendly folks at Brisbane Airport Corporation were excited to let Queenslanders know about their new service to Vancouver with Air Canada. We were even more excited to exceed their expectations with Facebook ads!
Channels and Tactics
- Mapped out highly targeted ad creative and messaging to specific audience segments
- Drove prospects to a high-converting contest landing page with viral social sharing built-in
- Tweaked audience strategy throughout the campaign to further optimise cost-per-lead metrics
- Leveraged retargeting to build email list from BAC’s large volume of website visitors
We went above and beyond what the Brisbane Airport was hoping to achieve from their campaign. Monitoring the conversion data closely, we tweaked and tested the ads to find the best cost per conversion, ending up at just 43 cents per new subscriber.close [x]
82,400 Conversions From Google AdsOUR CLIENTS LAST YEAR
Our Clients Last Year
Nobody likes a bragger, but hey – the proof is in the pudding. Last year, we helped our clients (mostly small to medium sized companies) generate over 80,000 conversions from Google Ads alone. We’re not talking “Contact page visits” or “Clicks”. We’re talking leads.
- Inbound phone calls
- Enquiry form submissions
- Quote requests
- Appointment bookings
- Online sales
- and more…
Real Conversion Numbers
If you haven’t already guessed, we’re big on data and accountability. The graph above shows real numbers from our real clients and for the majority of our wonderful clients, Google Ads are still the most cost-effective advertising channel for new customers. We’re honoured to be one of just a handful of Google Premier Partner agencies in Australia. This partnership gives us and our clients access to top-notch training and support directly from Google. The best part? Things are only getting stronger. Year on year, we’re seeing insane results for our clients’ businesses via Google’s advertising suite, including:
- Google Adwords / Pay Per Click search ads
- YouTube video advertising
- Google display and remarketing
- Google mobile app advertising
We’d love to send some conversions your way too!close [x]
Successful Launch into the USPublic Facilities Startup
Public Facilities Startup
We recently got thrown the interesting challenge of helping a niche Aussie startup make their move into the US market.
Channels and tactics
- Localised social ad campaigns and community surveys
- Online market research and database collection
- Trade show marketing support and email marketing
- Strong engagement amongst
- A handful of highly valuable business-to-business corporate sales leads
Search Ads Cost-Per-Lead Down 59%RENTAL BUSINESS
When we took over this rental business’ search marketing from another agency, we had some high standards to maintain. However, with a little sideways thinking and some clever execution by our campaign management team, we were able to reduce CPA significantly. In non-geek speak, that means our client now pays less for every new customer we bring to their business from search engines. Yippee!
Channels and tactics
- Aggressive Google and Bing Ads campaigns
- Cross-device conversion rate optimisation
- Ad split testing
- Careful budget management across 10+ locations
- Dynamic objectives based on search impression share and ROI
- Social remarketing to improve overall CPA
- Online reviews strategy to boost conversion rates
- Other bits and pieces
- Search Ads Cost Per Lead Improved 59%
- Overall conversions UP by 33% in 2 years
HEALTH CLINIC CHAIN
Newcastle Health Business
When a business has been around since the 90s, it goes through many rounds of change. A few years back – this iconic Newcastle brand was rolling along OK, but they knew they needed to change their approach to acquiring new patients for their range of healthcare services. We got introduced to the CEO in April 2012 and their numbers have only moved UPwards ever since!
Channels and tactics
- Ongoing Google pay per click search ads, always aiming for the lowest cost-per-patient scenario.
- Gradual Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and helpful content strategy
- A beautiful, seamless mobile website experience
- TV advertising spend shifted to Facebook and Instagram for a stronger return on ad spend
- Numerous successful campaigns and promotions
Year on year, we’ve been able to help this awesome Newcastle business grow their intake of new patients and in turn help more people improve their health and quality of life!close [x]
These are all genuine, no BS.
All of the results we’ve shared on our website are real outcomes we’ve helped produce for our clients. Of course, we can’t take 100% of the credit – Great client collaboration has been key in all of these results. Here are a few things we’ve noticed all our most successful clients have in common:
- They’re committed to working with us as a true partner in their business
- They’re open to ideas – taking a few risks and trying new things
- They’re willing to do their part to make the most of their marketing activity. eg. Following up on leads, participating in the content production process, giving feedback on performance metrics, etc.
Our Reviews on Google
We love it when we’re able to make a difference to our clients’ businesses. It seriously gives us warm fuzzies! It’s even better when they share their kind words publicly over on Googs. Check out our Google reviews right here!close [x]
A Practical Approach
to Digital Strategy
Brand positioning, channels, creative and financial objectives are all key to forming a well-rounded digital strategy. With an eye on the long term, we'll help you understand your customers, where they are and how best to engage with them. You'll get 10% planning and 90% action. We'll focus on implementing tactics, testing what works and refining over time.
Let’s get your strategy right
Looking for a marketing team that can help you design and implement an effective marketing strategy? We’d love to meet you.Let's talk strategy
YOUR MARKETING TEAM
Here are the humans that can help get your digital marketing strategy pumping
Guitar's Name: Thelma
A kid from the bush who grew up in tiny mining towns, Dave has an infectious passion for marketing, creativity, technology and people. After graduating with a degree in Business Marketing & Psychology, Dave spent 7 years working with hundreds of businesses via gigs in large marketing & advertising firms. One day, he woke up and decided to start a digital marketing consulting business from his bedroom, with a vision to do things a little differently, to help businesses grow and stay ahead of the curve.
Fast forward to 2019 and Dave’s role at Redback is to ensure we are well equipped to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients now and well into the future. Dave is also the co-founding CMO of star Aussie caravan sharing community Camplify. He sits on the board of Australia’s first SingularityU chapter and is also director of Interactive Minds Newcastle, a series of educational events for marketers and agencies.
What drives this creative + analytical + happy lump of a lad forward?
Well, in Dave’s simple words, it’s the “real weird, awesome buzz” he gets whenever we achieve tangible, meaningful growth results for a business.close [x]
Optimisation & Automation Manager
Optimisation & Automation Manager
Worst habit: Laughing when he definitely shouldn’t be!
Ben joined the team in July 2017. After managing to grow and monetise his own Instagram accounts to over 900,000 followers, Ben wanted to apply his skills to a range of businesses in agency land. Since joining the team, Ben has worked heavily on optimising our clients’ Facebook ad campaigns for maximum results across a wide range of industries and business objectives.
Ben is a natural problem-solver – a real modern day growth tactician with a strong focus on numbers. We love unleashing his brain on interesting digital marketing problems when they arise!
What drives this clever young man forward?
“The awesome feeling of always growing & improving my skill set in the industry I love!”close [x]
Copywriter & Messaging Strategist
Copywriter & Messaging Strategist
Favourite Colour: pink
Jazz is a cat obsessed content creative with 6 years of experience as a freelance writer and media officer.
(He has several years of experience prior to that as a market researcher, landscape gardener, news radio presenter, sourdough baker, aspiring novelist and software developer — but not all at the same time.)
Jazz sharpened his skills working as a speech writer and media officer for a Member of NSW State Parliament. He then went on to work closely with researchers and academics at the University of Newcastle, as part of their media team. Recently, he’s helped tell compelling stories about start-ups and innovative entrepreneurs for commercialisation consultancy gemaker. He now keeps busy helping our clients develop remarkable content for their websites, digital media and content marketing strategies.
What drives this passionate communicator forward?
People. Every business has people and their stories at its core and every customer is a person. As a writer and a human being engaged with the world, it’s the people around Jazz and the endless complexity of their inner worlds that fascinates him and motivates him to be the best communicator he can be.close [x]
FEEL LIKE WE’RE A FIT?
WE’D 💛 TO MEET YOU!
Please complete our quick form to request an digital strategy discovery call. We hope to be speaking with you very soon!